Islay distillery Ardbeg is one of the most popular distilleries on the island, thanks to its rich, peaty drams. It’s also gained acclaim for its cask-maturation experiments, which are always popular and have gained cult status among Ardbeg fans.
This month, we have a special prize draw for all Ardbeg fans: simply buy a 70cl bottle of Ardbeg Corryvreckan and you will be in with a chance of winning six limited-edition Ardbegs, worth more than £1,000!
The prize includes a 70cl bottle of each of the following:
- Ardbeg Alligator – aged in heavily charred barrels for extra spiciness
- Ardbeg Ardbog – matured in both bourbon and manzanilla sherry casks
- Ardbeg Auriverdes – sweeter and lighter than some Ardbegs, this was released in time for the 2014 World Cup
- Ardbeg Galileo – aged in ex-Marsala casks for sweet, tropical-fruit flavours
- Ardbeg Kildalton – matured in bourbon and sherry casks, this is smoky, creamy and spicy
- Ardbeg Perpetuum – a special bottling for the 2015 Islay Festival
Ardbeg Corryvreckan is named after the whirlpool found to the north of Islay. It boasts big, swirling peppery smoke and rich, peaty fruit – a belter of a dram! It has won a clutch of awards, including Best No Age Statement Scotch in Jim Murray’s Whisky Bible, and is a dram that all Ardbeg fans should try.
Tasting Notes by Billy Abbott
Nose: Lime and brine, vanilla, fresh sea air, flowers, sweet peat, gentle fruitiness, and sweet and sticky malt loaf.
Palate: Malty and sweet, with smoked cheese and ham, cracked black pepper, real maraschino cherries, spiced apples, cinder toffee, tobacco, coffee and coal stoves.
Finish: Barrel char smokiness, with coffee and fruity dark chocolate.
This is a terrific prize for all Ardbeg lovers, and you have until 10 January 2016 to enter – good luck!