It’s that time of year again…The Whisky Show, the world’s finest festival of the distiller’s art, is almost upon us – next week in fact! Tickets are still selling fast, but the good news is that I’ve been able to scrounge up ten pairs of tickets for each day of the Show, and I’ll be giving them away on Monday!!
If you fancy a free session with some of the planet’s finest spirits next Friday or Saturday, now’s the time to get in touch – follow the rules below and you’re in with a chance:
1. You must be over 18 (*stating-the-bleedin’-obvious-sigh*)
2. One entry per person. Anyone sending more than one entry will be disqualified. This does not mean one entry per email address, it means one entry per person. Don’t try it on with me, Sonny Jim.
3. The Whisky Show is in London next weekend, October 29th-30th. Don’t enter if you’re not going to be able to attend. Otherwise you’re wasting a ticket someone else could use.
4. Your entries must be sent to me at tim[at]thewhiskyexchange.com. With your name and telephone number. We won’t sell any personal info or use it for anything other than this competition.
5. Your message subject/title must be either TWS Prize Draw Friday or TWS Prize Draw Saturday. I will be creating a rule for my email that will automatically direct your entries to two special folders. This rule is for my convenience and to make sure that you’re not a total spanner. Only entries that arrive in these folders will be considered. Entries that arrive in my inbox will be deleted.
6. The closing date for entries is Monday 25th October at 2pm. Winners will be selected at random from all valid entries received by 1.59pm on Monday 25th October and will be notified by 6pm that evening.
7. Each prize is two tickets to The Whisky Show on either Friday (4pm-9.30pm) or Saturday (12pm-6.30pm). Winners will not receive physical tickets, their names will be on the door with a ‘plus one’ at the event.
8. No, you can’t give them to your mate. No, you can’t have the money instead. No, we’re not paying for your transport. No, it doesn’t include Masterclasses.
9. My decision is final. No correspondence, disputes or whining will be entered into or tolerated after the draw.
10. If you get thoroughly trashed at the Show you will be removed by the bouncers friendly show stewards. You won’t be allowed back in. Behave yourselves, drink responsibly and don’t go showing me up.
Good luck, everyone! Remember, I must have your entries by 2pm on Monday.